Letter from the Editor

We all like to imagine alternate versions of our lives. It's fun to think about where you would have ended up if things in your life had unfolded in a different way. What if I hadn't gone to Dartmouth? What if I lived in the River and not the Choates? What if I had chosen to go to that sick frat party during Orientation and had met my true love on the dance floor? The truth is, there are so many small things, small decisions we make both at Dartmouth and in life that have profound impacts on our lives, even if we don't know it at the time. There are things we wish happened. There are things we wish hadn't happened. People we wish we'd met. Missed opportunities. And just like we like to imagine alternate versions of our lives, we also like to imagine a different kind of Dartmouth. What I've come to realize is that I will never stop thinking about these what ifs. I will always think about what would happen if I were different. If Dartmouth were different. Thankfully, for all their flaws, I generally like myself, and I like Dartmouth. You can imagine all you want, but in the end, there's nothing quite like reality.