Editors' Note

As we sit in Robinson Hall, looking out onto the Green and listening to the chainsaws shave the edges off of the giant cupcake sculpture, we can't help but imagine a Winter Candyland more like the cover of this issue. You know, with frosting.

In an ideal world, this frosting would allow us to enjoy activities we've been anticipating through the midterms crunch, like the human dog sled race.

But after working on this issue and immersing ourselves in the weekend's history, we realize that although the weather and winter itself are what make this weekend unique, snow or lack thereof is not what makes the weekend great. It's the chance to pause, stop obsessing about the little things and get outside, whether it's 20 below zero or nearing the 50s. (stop complaining, it's warm!).

We've celebrated this weekend for 101 years because of traditions, but we have learned that these traditions are in a constant state of flux. To be honest, we don't really care if you do the Polar Bear Swim. But we do care if your idea of Carnival is just a few extra games of pong and maybe a dance party or two.

Over the years, this weekend has played host to celebrities, academics, famous thinkers and now, you. Go outside, enjoy an old tradition or create a new one. Cherish your friends, the season and the moment.

See you in Candyland,

Felicia, Emily and Hunter