Internet meme of the week: The Situation Room

Count on the internet to make light of one of the more significant events in the so-called "War on Terror" the death of Osama bin Laden. In an already-iconic photograph, President Barack Obama and the National Security Council receives updates on the operation to kill Bin Laden as they sit in the White House Situation Room. Pete Souza's photograph of the president and his advisors receiving word of Bin Laden's death captures the stress of the moment, written into the furrowed brows of the members of the NSC. But in one reimagining of the scene, Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino from the MTV reality show "Jersey Shore" is in the Situation Room to present his own "situation." In other Photoshopped reimaginings of the moment, Princess Beatrice's royal wedding hat is superimposed on everyone's face and in another the stressed profile of the president in place of his advisors' faces. In the case of Obama's copy-and-pasted image, his grim expression appears all the more tense when put in place of Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's face as she raises her hand to her mouth in shock. However, the juxtaposition of Clinton's blond hair on either side of the president's creased forehead is a wink to the viewer that alleviates any tension that existed in the original photograph.