Winter Survival Guide

With temperatures in the negatives and snow up the wazoo, it's easy to feel like Winter term is unsurvivable. But hey, if Sarah Palin can do it, so can you! Here are the 10 things you absolutely need to have if you want to survive the Arctic wasteland that is Hanover:

1. WARM JACKET. It is waaaaayyyy too cold here to stick to cute, fashionable cashmere coats. Go ghetto and invest in a fat, long, puffy North Face but please, don't bring it to SAE.
  2. Both seasons of Jersey Shore downloaded onto your computer or iPad to reminisce about the good ol' days when it was GTL, not GFL (gym, freeze, laundry).
  3. Hot chocolate, preferably from Zete.
  4. Emergency plane ticket to St. Barths. The happy lamps from Dick's House just don't do it like the Caribbean can.
  5. A handle of Johnny Walker. Whiskey shots in the morning seem slightly less pathetic in negative 30-degree weather.
  6. A log fire. If you can get past the pesky insurance issues, I've heard that Dartmouth has a special endowment solely for firewood.
  7. Warm Delights minis and a friend to eat them with. These tasty treats are available at Topside (unless I've already bought them all out). Think chocolate cake. Made in the microwave. The best part: they're only 150 calories (not that you care about that sort of thing ... you sexy beast!). Instant bad decision-eraser.
  8. (Faux) fur blanketd for the best winter snuggle sessions of your life. Get a minimum of two.
  9. Wholesale-size pack of Sudafed to aid your failing immune system in combating diseases picked up from dalliances in the aforementioned fur blankets.
  10. Any Britney or N*SYNC album. A year-round necessity.