Briefly Noted

Multiple Dartmouth varsity athletes were given All-Ivy Honors this week. Women's volleyball player Madeline Baird '12 was named Ivy League Player of the Week after matches against Columbia University and Cornell University. In the Columbia game, Baird recorded 14 kills and 14 digs, and notched an impressive 21 kills in Dartmouth's triumph over Cornell. Baird has had double-digit kills in 20 of 21 matches this season, and her average of 3.98 kills per set is the second highest in the conference. This week's award is Baird's second Player of the Week recognition this season. Football player Shawn Abuhoff '12 was named Ivy League Special Teams Player of the Week. Abuhoff earned the recognition after an 82-yard punt return for a touchdown at Dartmouth's Homecoming game against Harvard University. Abuhoff's lengthy return also put him in the Big Green record books as the second all-time in combined kick and punt-return yardage, with 1,630 yards to his name. This week's recognition was Abuhoff's fourth weekly League award in his career at Dartmouth. Varsity men's soccer forward Lucky Mkosana '12 was named Ivy League Co-Player of the Week alongside Princeton University's Matt Sanner. Both players scored a game-winning goal for their respective teams during the past weekend's Ivy play. Mkonsana's game-winning goal came during Dartmouth's 2-1 Homecoming victory over Harvard. Mkosana is the Big Green's fifth all-time scorer with 53 points.

Men's tennis found success in rookie John Kelly '14 at the Harvard Big Crimson Halloween Invitational in Cambridge, Mass. Kelly lost his first match to Julian Camacho of Amherst College, but made it to the finals in the consolation bracket. Kelly defeated Diego Angel of Clark University (6-3, 6-3) to finish off on a high note. Xander Centenari '13 also had success in the tournament, defeating Joey Hearst of Amherst (7-5, 6-3) in the finals of the flight A singles.