Tabard faces two alcohol charges

The Tabard coed fraternity has been charged with two counts of alcohol service to underage individuals, according to a Hanover Police press release.

Tabard is being charged as an organization, according to the release, meaning the charges constitute felonies and carry fines as high as $100,000 for each count.

Tabard President Paloma Ellis is scheduled to appear before the Lebanon District Court on June 28, the release stated.

On Thursday, a 20-year-old Dartmouth student was arrested by police for alcohol possession. Police determined that the individual had consumed 10 cups of beer while playing pong at Tabard, according to the release. Tabard was subsequently charged for unlawfully serving the student.

Tabard, along with five other Greek organizations, had been previously identified as having served alcohol to underage individuals, according to the release. Police and prosecutors decided to take no action against the organizations, in light of efforts by College administrators and Greek officials to address concerns about alcohol consumption.

The leaders of the six Greek organizations were informed of the infractions and their suspension, and were told that if they failed to comply in the future, they would face prosecution for both the suspended charges and any future charges, according to the press release.

Following the arrest on Thursday, Tabard was charged both with serving the underage student and with a previous incident in which an underage or intoxicated individual was served, which occurred in April, according to the release.

Tabard Release