Briefly Noted

Andrew Weibrecht '09 made the cover of the March 1 issue of Sports Illustrated magazine for winning a bronze medal. The cover features Weibrecht standing next to U.S. ski team standouts Lindsey Vonn, Bode Miller and Julia Mancuso. The foursome helped lead the U.S. alpine ski team to is best Olympic showing ever earning a record eight medals in the 2010 Vancouver Olympic Games. "It was a huge honor to be on the cover of Sports Illustrated, especially with some of the most iconic skiers of our generation," Weibrecht said in an e-mail to The Dartmouth. "It's awesome that a magazine of that caliber recognized our achievements and in many ways it makes the accomplishment that much cooler."

The Harvard University women's squash team captured the 2010 Women's College Squash Association National Team Championship. The win marked Harvard's 11th national title and the second under current head coach Satinder Bajwa. The Crimson were undefeated in dual matches during the regular season and beat Williams College and Yale University in the quarterfinals and semifinals, respectively, before defeating the University of Pennsylvania in the final. Harvard will have a strong lineup again next season, with its top five players returning. Princeton University, previously the three-time defending Howe Cup champions, lost 6-3 to Yale in the quarterfinals to end the season.

Erica Serpico '12 made Dartmouth history on Sunday by becoming just the second Big Green diver to win an Ivy Championship. Serpico won the one-meter dive with a final score of 260.58, edging Harvard's Jennifer Reese and Yale rookie Paige Meneses for the title. The only other Big Green diver to win an Ivy Title was Courtney duBois Brady '99 who won the one-meter dive 11 years ago at the 1999 Championships. The win allowed Serpico to round out an undefeated season in one-meter competition.