Men's basketball coach resigns midseason

Head Coach Terry Dunn
Head Coach Terry Dunn

Dunn and Ceplikas could not be reached for immediate comment.

Dunn was forced to resign, according to FoxSports.com, after the men's basketball team threatened not to take the court this weekend against Harvard.

According to the report, "each player signed a document that was taken to the administration on Friday stating they refused to play for Dunn."

"Terry has been a loyal and dedicated member of our staff," interim athletic director Bob Ceplikas said in a statement on Dartmouthsports.com. "We thank him for his service and leadership to our basketball program and wish him the best in his future pursuits."

Assistant coaches Mark Gaupe, Michael Brown and Tim Lane will take over to lead the team for the game against Harvard on Saturday and until a new coach is announced next week, DartmouthSports.com reported.

Dunn, who was in his sixth season as Dartmouth's head coach, had compiled a 47-103 overall record, and the Big Green is 3-10 on the season so far.

This announcement comes just 10 days after Dunn's twin brother, Jerry Dunn, took an indefinite leave of absence from his post as associate head coach of the University of Michigan's men's basketball program. "Presently, I have family matters that need my immediate attention," Jerry Dunn said, according to Michigan's web site.