Briefly Noted

A blog about the Boston Red Sox written by Orli Kleiner '12 was nominated in several categories in this year's Weblog Awards. "Boston Soul" is up for Best Blog, Best Sports Blog, Best Blog Design and Best Hidden Gem. "I started the blog in May 2008, and I was nominated last year," Kleiner said. "I found out about the awards through my blog platform because I got a lot of hits from it. I was extremely honored and humbled by the nomination." Voting for the preliminary round takes place online, and ends in mid-December.

The Dartmouth JV football team won 14-12 against Brighton Academy on Sunday in its final game of the season. The Big Green led 14-0 by the end of the first quarter on a rushing touchdown by Billy Bradshaw '13 and a throwing touchdown by Max Heiges '10, according to Big Green Alert. The game was likely Heiges' last as a Dartmouth player. Brighton Academy made things close with two rushing touchdowns by the quarterback in the third quarter, Big Green Alert reported. The Big Green blocked the extra point on the first touchdown and prevented a two-point conversion on the second, according to Big Green Alert. The JV team finished the season with a 3-1 record after the win.

Three Dickinson State University softball players were found dead inside a sport utility vehicle that sank in a rural farm pond Tuesday, ESPN.com reported. Investigators say Krystin Gemar, Afton Williamson and Ashley Neufield were on a stargazing trip on Sunday and drove into the pond in the darkness, ESPN.com reported. The three were last heard from at 11:18 p.m. on Sunday through several panicked phone calls they made in the car as it sank. Authorities said preliminary autopsy results show drowning as the cause of death, ESPN.com reported. Tests for drugs and alcohol, included in a complete autopsy report, are expected within a week, according to ESPN.com.