Police Blotter

July 13, 10:41 p.m.Lot 5

An officer on patrol observed four male subjects in the alley near Everything But Anchovies carrying multiple "30-racks" of Keystone Light. As the subjects, all of whom were Dartmouth students, appeared to be close to or not yet over 21 years old, the officer intercepted them. Two of the students were in fact 21-years-old, but the third was 20 and the fourth was 19. Hanover Police charged the of-age students with providing alcohol to minors and charged the remaining two with unlawful possession of alcohol. All four are scheduled to appear in court on August 10. Participation in the alcohol diversion program will be contingent on each one's "past experiences" with the police department, according to Hanover Police.

July 14, 9:19 a.m.Lyme Road

While on patrol, Hanover Police officers noticed a suspicious-looking parked car. Upon checking the vehicle, they discovered the inspection sticker appeared to be self-applied. The officers determined that a 64-year-old male Hanover resident had taken the sticker, which was intended for another vehicle, and applied it to the vehicle in question to make it appear to have passed its inspection. The subject's court date is scheduled for August 24.

July 15, 12:11 p.m.South Street

Hanover Police arrested a mentally unstable 58-year-old Concord, N.H., resident visiting Baker-Berry Library. The subject reportedly uses the College library periodically for Internet access, according to Hanover Police. Although he was not acting suspiciously at the time of his arrest, the subject needed to be re-hospitalized for an ongoing condition and was granted involuntary emergency admission to a medical facility.

July 17, 9:15 a.m.Lyme Road

Hanover Police arrested a male Dartmouth student on charges of criminal mischief, criminal trespass, burglary, theft by unauthorized taking or transfer, and attempt to commit larceny following events at Sigma Nu fraternity on July 9. The subject allegedly entered the fraternity and proceeded to spray black spray paint on the walls and inside of a Nintendo game console. He then spread protein powder on many surfaces in the kitchen and fecal matter on the top of the soda machine. It appears that the male acted alone. He is scheduled to appear in court on August 17.

July 18, 12:06 a.m.South Main Street

Officers on foot patrol witnessed a male "staggering" down the alley near Ledyard Bank. The subject nearly tripped over the curb and fell on his face before seating himself on a bench, at which point the officers approached him. Although the subject, a 29-year-old Fairlee, Vt., resident, was of age, he initially provided a false name when questioned by the officers. The male was taken into protective custody but was uncooperative. Hanover Police reported that the subject began yelling and screaming obscenities at the officers. The officers decided to take him to the Grafton County Jail. The intoxicated male remained at the jail until he was satisfactorily sober, at which point he was released without further incident.

July 18-19Various Locations

Hanover Police stopped over 600 cars at four sobriety checkpoints and encountered a number of violations. Among them was a 20-year-old University of Colorado student who was charged with unlawful possession of alcohol after a "30-rack" was found in the back of his pickup truck. Another underage visitor was charged with transportation of alcoholic beverages by a minor after Hanover Police discovered an 18-pack of Coors Light in her vehicle. At another routine checkpoint stop, Hanover Police charged a 40-year-old female Hanover resident with driving under the influence when officers smelled a strong odor of alcoholic beverages emanating from her vehicle.