Daily Debriefing

College President James Wright and Susan Wright have begun a tour of ten Dartmouth alumni clubs throughout the country. After visiting the Dartmouth Alumni Club of Western Washington yesterday, the five-month tour will continue today with a trip to Silicon Valley. The president's itinerary covers clubs in Seattle, Orlando, Palm Beach, Philadelphia, New York City, Denver and Minneapolis. His last trip is scheduled for May 21.

State Rep. Jim Splaine, D-N.H., introduced a bill to the state legislature that would allow 17-year-olds to vote in the New Hampshire primaries, in cases where the voters would turn 18 by the general election date, The Valley News reported. The law would not affect the state until the 2012 primary. A similar law allows 17-year-olds to vote in Iowa's caucuses.

The Alumni Association of the University of Massachusetts at Amherst announced that it will not provide a list of its members to the university administration, according to The Boston Globe. "It's the opinion of the alumni association that we own the database of alumni," Sean LeBlanc, a vice president of the association, told The Globe. "There are a lot of privacy issues that come into play, and it's our responsibility to protect our members. We take this very seriously." The Amherst organization raises more money than any of the four other campuses of the University of Massachusetts. University officials were hoping to consolidate a list of alumni for use by the entire university system.