Police Blotter

March 27, 11:25 p.m., Maynard Street

Safety and Security arrived at a dormitory room in Rauner Hall because of a noise complaint and encountered an intoxicated 19-year-old male. Although the individual claimed not to be a Dartmouth student, prompting Safety and Security to call Hanover Police, he shortly changed his story and admitted to being a Dartmouth freshman. Safety and Security attempted to call off Hanover Police, but an officer was already en route. The freshman was charged for unlawful possession and intoxication and was released on location.

March 29, 8:36 a.m., Lebanon Street

Hanover Police arrested a Vermont resident on a warrant for theft issued in January. After having his windshield wipers stolen, the 42-year-old male procured new wipers by removing a pair from another car in the Hanover municipal parking lot. In an attempt to cover up the act, he proceeded to switch the wipers of a random selection of cars. With the help of surveillance video, police were able to identify the individual, but because he does not speak English they were forced to wait to bring him in. After police found a translator at a local high school, the suspect was brought in and charged with Class A misdemeanor theft and will likely be subject to a fine.

March 30, 9:12 p.m., South Main Street

Lebanon Police arrested a Vermont resident on a Hanover Police warrant for the theft of various articles from cars parked in the Hanover municipal parking lot in November of 2006. The 26-year-old male and his two accomplices broke into three different cars and stole 20 CDs, a hunting bow and a quiver of arrows, in addition to various small bills and change. The offender has a criminal record and may face jail time.

March 30, 11:55 p.m., West Wheelock Street

Hanover Police discovered a pile of toilet paper aflame near the Episcopal Church Friday. Industrial sized rolls of toilet paper had been lit on fire and rolled down the hill. No suspects were discovered.

March 31, 9:57 a.m., Choate Road

An intoxicated Thayer School of Engineering student, who is also a member of the Class of 2004, entered a private residence on Choate Road believing it to be a fraternity on Webster Avenue. The 24-year-old male, who is currently working for his Master of Engineering Management degree, sat down at the kitchen table and when the long-time Hanover residents came downstairs, spoke to them as though they were members of his fraternity. Hanover Police brought him to the station where he was charged with criminal trespassing and placed into protective custody.

April 1, 3:43 a.m., Barrymore Road

An intoxicated Hanover resident attempted to gain entry to a Barrymore Street house, thinking it was his own home. Believing he was locked out, the 21-year-old male, a research assistant at Dartmouth, attempted to get inside by breaking a window. The occupants of the residence called the police, who arrested the individual for disorderly conduct.

April 1, 3:15 p.m., Goss Road

For the second time in two weeks, a local resident called Hanover police to report that furnishings had been illegally dumped on his property, located on the side of Moose Mountain bordering Canaan. In this instance, it was a 1999 Sony Trinitron television.