Daily Debriefing

Although Dartmouth can't claim any players in this year's Super Bowl, Lloyd Lee '98 traveled to Miami as a defensive assistant coach for the Chicago Bears. While at Dartmouth, Lee was a defensive back and a four-year starter as a safety. Lee helped lead the Big Green to the Ivy League championship in 1996 in an undefeated season, winning Division I-AA All-America honors. Also in 1996, Lloyd set Dartmouth's single season interception record and tied the school's record for career interceptions with 13. The Bears originally hired Lee in 2004, and he is currently in his third season working with the team. Lee was promoted from defensive quality control coach to defensive assistant last February.

Darmouth's Ivy Council attended the biannual Ivy Leadership Summit this weekend at Columbia University to discuss the current global energy situation. Students listened to several keynote addresses and panels on topics that included sustainable energy and alternative energy sources. Students participated in question and answer sessions and in a leadership workshop about how to organize events to raise awareness about energy use. The Ivy Council, an organization created by Dartmouth's Student Assembly, brings together representatives from seven Ivy League schools in two conferences per year. Eleven Dartmouth students attended the conference, which took place on Saturday.

The moon was a no-show, but tiki torches, glow sticks and bonfires illuminated Hanover Country Club into an eclectic winter wonderland last Friday night during the Howl at the Moon Progressive Dinner. Scheduled on the eve of the full snow moon, this event sent over 650 Hanover residents through a progressive dinner on the golf course. Families and students skied, sledded and enjoyed food stations provided by local restaurants. In its second year of existence, the event was cosponsored by the Hanover Parks and Recreation Department and the Dartmouth Cross Country Ski Center. Last year's profit of about $300 was split between the organizations to fund equipment and programming, said organizer Mike Silverman of the Cross Country Ski Center.