Mirror Picks

Book:

"Confessions of a Memory Eater" by Pagan Kennedy

This novel is short (a good summer requirement) and provocative; its hero, a New Hampshire college professor, comes across a pharmaceutical company that sells a new form of LSD that lets its customers relive any memory they choose. The novel deals with addiction, questions of memory and the ways that human beings impact one another -- as well as the joy and heartbreak that ultimately follow. Think of it as "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" on drugs. - Meredith Fraser

Music:

"Svefn-G-Englar" by Sigur Rs

There's nothing like a good makeout when the temperature gets above 95. This is either the absolute greatest or absolute worst makeout song ever ... probably the latter, unless you're one of us who wake up to "Pitchfork" and "Mcsweeney's" every day. - John Beardsley

YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cA_Sp66RmI

The music video for "Tarzan Boy" by Baltimora

I wish I had moves like Jimmy "Baltimora" McShane. I also wish I was kidding. It's like "Napoleon Dynamite," but funny. - Dan Duray

Movie:

"Bottle Rocket" (1994)

This is not a new movie, but rent it. This was Wes Anderson's ("The Life Aquatic," "The Royal Tennenbaums") first movie and was also the coming out party for the Wilson brothers. Since "Bottle Rocket," Anderson has become more ambitious, but not funnier; this movie is as hilarious as it gets. - Mike Epstein

T.V.:

"Entourage" 10 p.m. Sunday on HBO

Jeremy Piven as the embattled Hollywood agent Ari Gold is fantastically entertaining -- he's intense, vulgar, neurotic and more stressed out than the 1902 room. Hollywood excess and masculine bravado combine to produce a show that make girls and guys alike clear their schedules. - Cena Miller