Tuck, Thayer, DMS hold graduate ceremonies Saturday

Tuck School of Business awarded 258 students a Master of Business Adminstration on Saturday.

The Tuck School of Business presented Master of Business Administration degrees to 258 students at its Investiture Ceremony. Roger McNamee Tu'82, Co-Founder and Advisory Director of Elevation Partners, a private equity firm that makes large-scale investments in market-leading media, entertainment and consumer-related businesses, spoke at the ceremony.

McNamee launched Integral Capital Partners, the first crossover fund which combined later stage venture capital with public market investments in partnership with Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers. He also co-founded Silver Lake Partners, the first private equity fund focused on technology businesses. Silver Lake was the top performing fund of its era and established a new model of private equity. Recently, he and his partners launched Elevation Partners, a private equity partnership focused on media and entertainment content which has added U2 lead singer Bono to its roster of managing partners. McNamee also serves on the Board of Overseers of Tuck.

The Thayer School of Engineering graduated 106 students at Investiture. Of them, 57 received Bachelor of Arts degrees, 37 received Master of Engineering Management degrees and 12 received Master of Science degrees at its Investiture ceremony.

Nicholas M. Donofrio, the Executive Vice President for Innovation and Technology at IBM Corporation, addressed the Thayer graduates.

Donofrio has worked for IBM since 1967 and has led many of the company's major development and manufacturing teams. He is also focused on advancing education, employment and career opportunities for minorities and women. He has served on and chaired the Board of Directors for the National Action Council for Minorities in Engineering, and has served on the Board of Directors for INROADS, a non-profit organization which trains minority youth in business and industry. In 2005, Mr. Donofrio was appointed by the U.S. Department of Education to serve on the Commission on the Future of Higher Education, a delegation of business and university leaders charged with developing a new national strategy for post-secondary education that will meet the needs of America's diverse population and also address the economic and workforce needs of the country's future.

Donofrio is the holder of seven technology patents, is a member of numerous technical and science honor societies and has garnered various prestigious awards for his commitment and dedication to the engineering industry.

Dartmouth Medical School's Class Day honored 56 graduates receiving Medical Doctor degrees and 10 of whom received Master of Science degrees from the Center for the Evaluative Clinical Sciences. The CECS also awarded three Ph.D. degrees and 49 Masters of Public Health. New York State Health Commissioner Dr. Antonia Novello addressed the graduates at their ceremony.

Novello served as the 14th Surgeon General of the U.S. Public Health Service before taking her current position. Her appointment marked two firsts, as she became the first woman and the first Hispanic person ever to hold this position. Novello also served UNICEF as Special Representative for Health and Nutrition during the mid-1990s.