Club Corner

When asked the scores of the Dartmouth women's water polo team's four matches, freshman Jenna Newgard '09 said, "We creamed some teams, I can't remember all the scores." Newgard's statement expresses a good idea of how dominant Dartmouth was in its first-ever home tournament.

The team won all four of its matches against Williams, Wesleyan and both the A and B teams from Yale Saturday and Sunday at the Karl Michael Pool. In Dartmouth's closest game, a match-up against the Yale Bulldogs, Dartmouth came out on top, winning 8-5.

For the tournament, Dartmouth's scoring was pretty well-dispersed among members of the team, although freshman Catey Pease did score two very impressive backhand, no-look goals.

On the defensive side, Newgard sung the praises of netminder Laura Crowe '08.

"She saved so many shots including some tough four-meters," she said, referring to one-on-one encounters with the goalie from four meters away.

The team next competes at the Northeastern Championships in two weeks. If the Dartmouth women come out on top they will make another trip to Nationals, which takes place in Chicago, where they would face-off against the best water polo club teams in the country.

Dartmouth has come in second at Nationals the last two years behind Cal Poly.