Police Blotter

Oct. 4, Lyme Road, 8:49 a.m.

Hanover Police received a complaint from a woman claiming that a man had fraudulently tried to acquire her driver's license and credit card information. She allegedly received a call from a man who told her that she had won either an Eddie Bauer edition Ford Explorer or $25,000 cash. In order to receive her prize, the caller, who identified himself as Keith Jackson, told her to meet him at 13 Red Roof Lane Unit 2A in Salem, N.H., with her driver's license and major credit card information. Hanover Police alerted Salem Police of the situation, who contacted the man, whose name actually is Keith Jackson. Jackson told Salem Police that he works at Horizon travel agency located at 13 Red Roof Lane and was trying to sell the woman a travel package. Police determined that Jackson's actions were "quasi-legal."

Oct. 7, East Wheelock Street, 3:18 a.m.

A custodian at the Hopkins Center informed police that a man was sleeping in a van behind the Hopkins Center. Police arrived and found a 32-year-old man asleep in a 2004 Chevrolet Astro Van. After waking the subject, officers determined that he was intoxicated and took him into protective custody.

Oct. 7, South Main Street, 8:28 a.m.

An employee of the Dartmouth Bookstore called Hanover Police after a man got out of a recreational vehicle parked in front of the store and poured out two jugs of what appeared to be urine down a drain in the street. Police arrived and talked to the 44-year-old who told them he was in Hanover for an Appalachian Trail meeting and was throwing away dirty dishwater, not urine.

Oct. 7, Allen Street, 10:07 p.m.

Police received a report from an employee of Stinson's village store that a male was trying to buy two 30-packs of Keystone Light beer with a fake Massachusetts driver's license. Police arrived and arrested the Dartmouth freshman for misrepresenting his age. He has a court date Nov. 1.

Oct. 11, College Street, 1:08 a.m.

Police pulled over a 1996 red Jeep Cherokee because one of the headlights was not working. When talking with the driver, the officer noticed physical cues consistent with intoxication. The officer eventually determined that 21-year-old Travis Maiers '07 was in fact drunk and arrested the Dartmouth junior for driving under the influence of alcohol.