Verbum Ultimum

It's Nov. 2 -- Get Up and Vote

A last-minute effort to suppress the student vote at Dartmouth has left many people confused about their right to vote in today's historic election. Less-than-clear election laws combined with partisan scare tactics have complicated what should be a very simple process. But the facts are clear: Dartmouth students can vote in New Hampshire. With every poll showing a dead heat in the Granite State, this town and this college could very well swing the state's four electoral votes to either candidate, potentially determining the outcome of the race. Not very often is it this easy to change the course of history.

Federal financial aid and college loans are not affected by where you choose to vote. Very few state and locally-based scholarships are affected, and Dartmouth's Office of Financial Aid has promised to "adjust a student's Dartmouth scholarship dollar for dollar" in case of any problems.

You can vote -- and register same-day, if you have not already done so -- today at Hanover High School on Lebanon Street from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Vans will transport voters to the polling site all day, stopping outside of Silsby Hall, Thayer Dining Hall, the Hopkins Center, the East Wheelock residential cluster and the end of Tuck Drive.

Don't miss your opportunity to influence the outcome of this election. Don't let anyone scare you out of making your voice heard. Get out and vote today. Or keep your mouth shut for the next four years.