The Wrap finds a home on Main St.

The Wrap, which opened its doors Feb. 14, fills a much-needed niche in Hanover's dining scene. With healthy and varied options, ranging from Thai fare to the classic Caesar salad, there is only one catch -- nearly everything on the menu must be wrapped or tossed in a bowl.

With speedy service, a friendly staff and a made-to-order style, The Wrap invites customers to unwind. Its location on South Main Street (in the basement below Von Bargen's jewelers) along with its music (a mix of pop and upbeat jazz) add to the relaxed and comfortable atmosphere.

"The atmosphere was cute, if somewhat bare," observed patron Julia Saraidaridis '05.

The Wrap is the perfect venue for those seeking a quick bite to eat. It is healthier than Ramunto's and more fulfilling than Subway. Julia Driver, a Hanover resident who has been to The Wrap twice, said the new venue was a great addition to Hanover's dining scene.

"Hanover needs more inexpensive places to get a sandwich," she said.

Susie Dain-Owens '05, who also enjoyed her second visit to the new restaurant, agreed: "The Wrap fits in great. We need a good, quick, casual place to come in for dinner."

As for the atmosphere, Driver said it's nice, but she is still "trying to get used to it."

Becka Duvall '05, who works at The Wrap, said she has found a real mix of patrons, including both "older town people and students."

Busiest during lunch, from noon to 3:30 p.m., The Wrap hopes to start selling beer in order to attract more customers at night. That's not to say, however, that The Wrap lacks a dinner crowd. Wednesday night saw a steady stream of customers coming in to grab a quick meal, catering to local residents, students, and families alike.

Menu prices at The Wrap are reasonable. A filling meal, consisting of a smoothie and a wrap, can be purchased for about $8. The focus is on simplicity and flavor. Allowing patrons to customize their order, the menu includes ten different wraps and burritos and six filling options, including vegetarian and non-vegetarian items.

Smoothies range from the fruity Mango Passion to the classic vanilla milkshake. And customers are invited to devise their own creations, as well.

Dain-Owens, not impressed with the quality of her smoothie, remarked, "Good smoothies, but they pale in comparison to The Blend."

Hanover resident Dr. Wayne Weiner, who had a Bangkok steak wrap, expressed his satisfaction: "I was just thinking about how compact and full I feel right now."

Quickly becoming a hot spot on Main Street, The Wrap in Hanover is the chain's ninth location and the first outside the Boston area. It is open from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. every day.