While Soccer Squads Make Playoff Push

The Dartmouth women's soccer team takes on Cornell this Sunday (11 a.m., Chase Field). This crucial Ivy League match is the team's last regular season home game.

Last Monday, the Big Green slipped to 7-4-1 overall and 3-1-1 in the Ivy League with a 1-0 overtime loss to the University of Connecticut, ranked ninth in the nation.

The coming week will play a huge role in determining Dartmouth's postseason options. Currently third in the extremely competitive Northeast Region, the Big Green hopes to win its last two Ivy matchups and has an outside chance at another league championship, which provides an automatic bid.

Even without an Ivy crown, a strong schedule and hard-fought games against ranked teams should be enough to garner Dartmouth a bid to the NCAA tournament, which expanded to 64 teams this year.

Dartmouth turned around a slow start with a dramatic win at Syracuse two weeks ago and followed up with big wins against Columbia, Fairfield and Harvard before falling to the Huskies.

After a rocky start, the Big Green women cracked the national rankings this week, checking in at number 25 in the recent National Soccer Coaches Association of America poll.