Terrorism in Ireland

To the Editor:

When the current concern over Osama bin Laden's terrorist gangsters is satisfied by their destruction, will the Unionist mobs terrorizing Catholic school children merit the same concern of the present crusaders against terrorism in the U.S. and the U.K.?

It should be noted that the word "terrorism" and the Provisional Irish Republican Army are linked in minds of many because the popular media has instilled it with the notion that the I.R.A. is a criminal organization responsible for most of the death and chaos that has occurred.

The truth of the matter is most of the killing has been done by the British Army and their terrorist allies within the Unionist political spectrum of British occupied-Ireland.

Now the I.R.A. has not engaged in any violence for some four years and yet the violence against the Catholic nationalist population continues. Catholic churches have been targeted for destruction with fire bombs, and pipe bombs have been thrown indiscriminately. Murders of Catholics have continued unabated.

It should be obvious that an end to British colonial rule in the north of Ireland is the only way the Catholic nationalist population will ever be free of the terrorism they and their children have been living under.