July 4th celebrations abound

Although Hanover will not be hosting a fireworks display this year, if you have a car, you won't need to sit at home and watch them on television.

Hanover and its environs are hosts to several different Independence Day celebrations this Fourth of July holiday.

You can kick off your day with Hanover's traditional parade at 10:00 a.m.

The procession will makes its way up Main Street and culminate in an array of all-American festivities on the Green.

Entertainment will include the Green Mountain Highlanders, the Foggy Mountain Cloggers, the North County Chordsman, the Flames band and a live broadcast by the local country radio station 100.5 KIXX FM. Other attractions will include egg tossing, snow cones and cotton candy.

If tradition calls and you want to see a traditional July 4th fireworks display that evening, nearby Lebanon, N.H. will be lighting up the sky at 9:30 p.m. at the Lebanon High School.

Its pre-fireworks celebration will begin at 6:00 p.m. and willconsist of square dancing with the Twin State Squares as well as the bands Spare Parts, the Upper Valley Community Band and the Cardigan Mountain Traditional Blue Grass band.

Other attractions will include hay rides, a dunk tank, caricatures, face painting, balloons, glow necklaces, craft vendors and food booths.

Further afield, Woodstock, Vt. will be hosting a fireworks display at 9:00 p.m. after a free outdoor concert by Northern Lights, a bluegrass band.

They will also be offering a wide selection of food and games, including bingo, during the show.

If you are busy on the 4th but still want to see a first-rate fireworks display, you are in luck.

Burlington, Vt. will host its annual Independence Day Waterfront Celebration tonight, including a barbeque, Western Swing Band, live broadcasts of both WOKO and Star 92.7 radio stations, performances by both African and Caribbean percussionists and the Hanniford Fyfe and Drum march.

Burlington's 9:30 p.m. fireworks display is produced by Pyrotechnico, the nation's fourth largest producer of fireworks displays.

Manchester, N.H. will be hosting its own display this evening at dusk at Arms park, after a concert by the United States Air Force Band of Liberty at 7:30 p.m.