Meet presidential candidate Molly Stutzman '01

Q: What failings do you have and how will you make up for them?

A: Some might say that as an "Assembly insider" I don't have the outside perspective to know how to best improve the Assembly. One of my priorities is to be in touch with the student body so that SA can reflect general student sentiment. I will also be open to change and criticism.

Q: What things need to be improved on campus? How will you address these problems and in what order?

A: Students often feel disempowered because they don't know who makes the decisions here or how those decisions are made. I will work to make SA a more active group on campus, so that students know that SA can be a resource for them. We must be proactive in reaching out to students and student groups and in seeking student input and feedback. Student Assembly must work to communicate student sentiment to the administration, and we can do that effectively only by being in touch with the student body.

Q: How can Student Assembly be improved and why?

A: SA can reach out more than it does, in the residence halls, in meeting with different groups and students on campus, in communicating better with the student body. We must know what other students' concerns are in order to most effectively advocate on behalf of students. I am also interested in addressing SA membership -- to find ways to best recruit members and to maintain a diverse and representative group of studemts.

Q: What would you tell the Class of 2005?

A: Take advantage of all that Dartmouth has to offer! Especially the people -- they are what really make this College special.

Q: What can you offer that your opponents can't?

A: A clear vision of the Assembly and how it can best serve students. The experience to know what works and what doesn't.