Yale sits atop Ivy standings

Yale 10 " Harvard 9

The ninth-ranked Yale Bulldogs barely edged Harvard 10-9 in Cambridge on a goal by Katherine Myers with 1.9 seconds left in the second half. The win keeps Yale undefeated (7-0, 3-0 Ivy), while Harvard falls to 4-3 and 0-2 in the Ivy League.

Yale took a two-goal lead early in the first half, but the Crimson came back with three tallies to take a 3-2 advantage.

Ashley Harmeling put the Crimson on the board with a goal at 16:31, and Alli Harper scored the next two goals. Yale responded with a pair of goals, as Katherine Myers scored her second of the game to tie the score at three, and Sophie Melniker scored her second of the day to give Yale the 4-3 advantage.

With seconds left in the half, Harper scored another to send the teams into the second half tied at four. The two teams battled through a tight second half, neither able to take more than a one-goal lead. With the game even at nine, Myers beat Harvard goalie Nora Guyer with 1.9 seconds on the clock for the 10-9 victory.

Myers and Melniker each had three goals for Yale, while Caroline Petrovick had a pair. Harper was Harvard's top scorer with five tallies, while Katie Shaughnessy had two. Guyer made seven saves for Harvard, while Amanda Sisley made 13 for Yale.

UPenn 13 " Columbia 5

The University of Pennsylvania outscored Columbia 10-2 in the second half to defeat the Lions, 13-5. Columbia led 3-2 with five minutes to play in the first half, but the Quakers scored the next eight goals of the game, including the first seven of the second half, over the next 23 minutes of the contest to take a 10-3 advantage.

The Quakers took the lead for good at 27:11 of the second half on a goal by Whitney Horton. She and Kate Murray led Penn with three goals apiece.

Columbia jumped out to a 2-0 lead as Meredith Corkery scored one of her two goals at 26:38, and Adie Moll added one at 22:32. Penn then scored two goals over the next 10 minutes to even the score.

Liz Mulaikal gave Columbia the advantage again at 5:01, but Alison Polk-Williams evened the score 3-3 with a goal for Penn 46 seconds later.

The Quakers started the second half with a more aggressive offense and a momentum that the Lions couldn't stop. Penn scored the next seven goals of the game over a 23-minute period and later added three more to secure the victory.

The key to the Quakers' victory was gaining and then holding possession of the ball in the second half. Penn had control of the ball on attack for 17 of the 30 minutes, deflating any Columbia hopes for a comeback.

Columbia is now 0-5 all-time versus Penn, and 1-7 (0-4 Ivy) this season. The loss was the Lions' seventh consecutive defeat, while Penn snapped a two-game skid and is now 3-5 (1-2 Ivy)

Princeton 9 " Cornell 5

Number three-ranked Princeton scored four straight goals in the second half to lift the Tigers to a 9-5 victory over 14th-ranked Cornell. Theresa Sherry and Charlotte Kenworthy each scored twice for the Tigers in the win.

The loss was the first of the year for Cornell, which is now 6-1 overall and 2-1 in Ivy League play, while Princeton is now 6-2 overall and 2-0 in Ivy action.

Cornell's Jaimee Reynolds opened the scoring in the game, when she out-maneuvered the Tiger defense to score at 28:53. The Tigers scored the next three goals, with Sherry netting Princeton's first tally at 27:06. Rachael Becker scored the second Princeton goal at 22:09 and Whitney Miller made it a 3-1 game at 13:40.

Cornell fought back with its second goal at 5:17 when Ginny Miles scored her 16th goal of the year. The Big Red's Erica Holveck then evened the score with a free position shot with just 55 seconds left in the half. Princeton surged ahead again when Kenworthy tallied her second goal of the game just 22 seconds later to make it a 4-3 contest at the half.

Cornell came out in the second half and evened the score at 4 at 26:48 on a free position shot by Sarah Averson. Princeton's Julie Shaner put the Tigers ahead at 25:24 again, but then Sarah Fischer scored for the Big Red at 24:42, making it a 5-5 contest.

The Tigers regained the lead at 15:18, when Shaner found Lauren Simone for a 6-5 lead. That goal proved to be the game winner and the Tigers went on to score again at 8:32 with Sherry's first goal of the game and again at 1:36 for her second.

With just five seconds left on the clock, Tara Hardiman closed out the game with the Tiger's ninth goal of the contest. Carrie Giancola had seven saves for Cornell and Meghan McInnes had 11 saves for the Tigers.