Squash stays tough

Both the men's and women's squash teams send players to the National Individual Championships at Harvard. The Big Green starts fared reasonably well.

For the men, Andrei Prokopiw '04 drew the toughest assignment, Michael Ferreira of Trinity, the draw's top-seeded player. Prokopiw put up a fight, but lost 3-0 to the Bantam's No. 1 player.

Prokopiw descended into the consolation draw, where he beat Peter Kelly of Princeton 3-0. He then faced Rohan Juneja of Trinity, and lost to his second Bantam of the day 3-0, to finish with a national ranking between 21-25.

Hamed Anvari '02, Dartmouth's No.1 singles player, was also in the men's draw, but lost to sophomore Parth Doshi of Williams, 3-2. Anvari was unable to make any headway in the consolation bracket, as he lost easily, 3-0, to Rohan Bhappu.

On the women's side, Sarah West '02 and Charlotte Haldemann '03 advanced to the quarterfinals of the consolation draw just like Prokopiw. All three narrowly missed second team All-America recognition.

Lindsey Bishop '01 finished with a top 32 national ranking to help punctuate the season finally for the Big Green.