Softball takes two from PC

In their first post-Spring Break game, the Dartmouth softball team triumphed in a doubleheader sweep over Providence.

Dartmouth grabbed the first game 2-1 behind Christine Quattrocchi '03. Quattrocchi grabbed her third consecutive win in a five-hit performance and is once again in the amazing form that saw her go 22-4 with a 1.05 E.R.A. in her freshman season.

The offensive was sparked by outfielder Jennifer Madsen '02 who hit her first collegiate home run.

In the second game, Dartmouth received another outstanding pitching performance, this time from Lisa Caruso '04. Caruso went the nine innings and struck out two for her first complete game.

The late-inning rally came from the bats of shortstop Jenny Harsey '01 and Kisa Brannen '03. Harsey, who was just named Ivy League Player of the Week, belted her team-leading fifth homerun of the season before Brannen nailed her first of the year to secure the 2-0 victory.

The sweep boosts Dartmouth's record to 7-9 with the Ivy League season looming a little more than a week away.

However, the Colgate Tournament that the Big Green were supposed to participate in was cancelled, so Dartmouth has a week off before they host the Rhode Island Rams in doubleheader action on Thursday.

.....

As a result of snow and inclement weather around the Northeast, Dartmouth sports teams have had their schedules thrown out of whack.

The baseball team lost a game against Siena scheduled for this past Wednesday and now must face another change. The upcoming home game against Qunnipiac on Wednesday at 3p.m. has been moved to Connecticut at the home field of the Eagles.

The track team has also suffered from the weather. The impending meet against Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine has been cancelled and the teams will instead be travelling to the Smith Invitational.