Francis '02 elected Panhell pres.

This years' Greek leadership was finalized last night with the election of a new slate of Panhellenic Council officers.

Tasha Francis '02 of Delta Delta Delta sorority was elected President of Panhell and Melissa Heaton '02 of Alpha Xi Delta sorority will serve as Vice President.

Francis said she looks forward to working with the executives of various Greek houses and hopesto create a more unified sorority system.

Heaton said that, as vice president, she will concentrate primarily on organizing rush, particularly on logistical issues raised by next year's change from fall to winter rush.

Heaton plans to continue working to oversee rush through winter of 2001, even after her term has technically ended, she said.

Following Interfraternity Council elections last month, Eric Powers '02 of Alpha Chi Alpha fraternity and Andrew Fishman '02 of Kappa Kappa Kappa fraternity were recently elected President and Vice President of the Interfraternity Council, respectively.

As Powers and Fishman are both off campus this winter, former IFC president Michael Johnson '01, together with Leo Pollock '03, Duncan Maclean '03, and Kyle Chambers '03 plan to work "as a team", according to Johnson, to fill the IFC's executive positions during this term.

Priorities for the term include organizing winter rush, which will probably be held January 17th and 18th as well as finding ways for fraternities to become more involved with Winter Carnival, Johnson said.

He added that they also plan to review the IFC constitution, including evaluating hazing policies, job descriptions,and forms for co-sponsorship, as well as to establish a leadership training program for interested underclassmen.

According to Johnson, IFC does not plan to make any changes to rush.

Additional new members of the Panhellenic Council include Secretary Anne Cloudman '02, Treasurer Maureen Ellimwood '03, Programming Chair Katie Sholly '03, Ali Kelly '02 as representative to the Judiciary Committee and Laura Grip '03 as head of publicity.

Others elected to the IFC include Ryan Mahoney '02, treasurer, Rush Chair James Judah '02, Programming Chair Beau McCoy '02, New Member Chair Pete Stern '02, Secretary Bill Young '03, and Webmaster Josh Stabiner '03.