Baseball sends four to All-Star

In the midst of finals, three Dartmouth baseball seniors and one freshman will play together for the final time in the New England all-star Game to be held at Dodd Stadium in Norwich, Conn.on June 3 at 3 p.m.

After a tremendous season, Dartmouth received recognition in the northeast for its 17-3 Ivy record and 29-14 overall record, which placed it second only to Boston College (whom they have beaten earlier in the season) in the New England rankings. Ace Conor Brooks '00 enters the game with a career year that includes an 8-2 record (5-0 Ivies); top ranked 91 Ks, and a 2.05 ERA behind his team and Ivy Pitcher of the Year honors. Brooks was also named to the first team New England and All-Ivy teams.

Alongside hurler Brooks is team captain Brian Nickerson '00 who started each game at third base and went on to hit .372, with league-leading eight home runs, 25 runs and 27 RBI in the 20 Ivy games. As the first-ever Big Green Ivy Player of the Year, Nickerson also garnered the team's Offensive Player of the Year honor.

Center fielder James "Game Day" Little '00 covered the outfield and gloved Dartmouth records for career hits (202), runs (143) and doubles (46) while leading the Ivies in hits (62) and triples (5).

Little also batted .371 with 44 RBIs this season and earned his second consecutive All-Ivy first team spot.

Mike Mileusnic '03 learned and played first base this year to cover for the injured Aaron Meyer '00. Gaining experience and confidence in Ivy play, Mileusnic went on a tear at the end of the season earning four Rookie of the Week honors and eventually the Ivy Rookie of the Year award.

Mileusnic also made the second team All-Ivy squad while leading the Ivies in average at .376, .406 in league play.