Squash teams pound Brown

Men's Squash

The Dartmouth men's squash team had a successful weekend, winning all three of its matches to improve to 10-5 overall (2-2 Ivy League).

The Big Green captured two shutout wins, 9-0, over Bowdoin and Bates on Saturday in Brunswick, Maine, and battled to earn a 6-3 conference win at Brown on Sunday.

Against Bowdoin, Andrew Schmidt '01 and Scott Judah '02 were forced to go five games before completing the victories.

In the contest with Bates, Ryan Evans '00, playing as the second seed, and Colin Greenspan '00 also won five-game matches.

On Sunday, Beau River '00, captain and top seed for Dartmouth, and fourth seed Bill Reisner '02 each needed only three games to defeat their Brown opponents. James Judah '02, playing in the seventh spot, was the only Dartmouth player to win in five games.

Dartmouth's other wins, which each took four games, came from Andrew Schmidt '01 in the third spot, Colin Greenspan '00 at No. 6, and Brad Doline '02 at No. 9.

Dartmouth hosts Princeton on Saturday at noon, and has its last match of the regular season at home against Penn on Sunday.

Women's Squash

The Dartmouth women's squash team continued its winning ways this weekend with three road victories, improving the team's record to 11-2 overall (3-1 Ivy League).

Dartmouth captured a close win on Saturday against Bowdoin, 5-4, and followed it up with an easy 8-1 win over Bates. On Sunday, the Big Green defeated Brown by a score of 6-3.

Dartmouth's victory over Bowdoin was secured by the efforts of Abigail Drachman-Jones '02, who earned a crucial four-game win as the fifth seed.

The highlight of Dartmouth's win over Bates was the five-game battle between top seed Sarah West '02 and Bates' Aisha Shah in which West ultimately prevailed.

Sarah West '02 came up big for Dartmouth again in the match with Brown, earning a four-game win in the first spot. Four of the Big Green's other victories required only three games; these wins came from Charlotte Haldeman '03 at No. 3, captain Carolyn Levine '00 at No. 4, Farrar Evans '03 in the sixth spot, and seventh seed Sara Connolly '01.

Dartmouth hosts its last two regular season matches this weekend. The Big Green plays Princeton on Saturday at 2 p.m. and faces Penn on Sunday at 1:30 p.m.