Green field hockey falls to UMass

The Dartmouth field hockey team lost a close match to UMass by the score of 2-1 last night in Amherst. The loss drops Dartmouth to 9-5 (3-2 Ivy League) on the season, with only three games on their campaign.

The UMass Minutewomen were able to take the lead early in the first half with two goals on penalty corners, and they held onto the lead for the remainder of the game.

Kim Jenkin '02 scored the only goal for Dartmouth on a penalty stroke in the 54th minute. Jenkin has managed to score in 9 of 14 games this season, and leads Dartmouth with 13 goals. She also leads the team with 30 points, which puts her in third place for points in the Ivy League.

The offensive statistics for the two teams were nearly equal. Dartmouth had nine shots while UMass took 10 shots, and both teams received five penalty corners.

Dartmouth keeper Brittany D'Augustine '01 made four saves in the game, raising her total to 77 saves on the season. D'Augustine has recorded shutouts in six games this season, and has only allowed an average of 1.46 goals per game.

Dartmouth has a key away match against Ivy League rival Harvard this Saturday at 1 p.m.