COS election winners are announced after delay

After a few computer glitches and more than a week's anticipation, the six members of the Committee on Standards were finally announced yesterday.

Ezekiel Webber '00, Jorge Miranda '01, Zoe McLaren '00, Bruce Kennedy '00, Brian Feldman '00 and Brian Sleet '00 garnered the highest numbers of votes in a field of 16 candidates.

While the winners of all other elected positions were announced April 20, the COS results were postponed because it was discovered that Class of 1999 students, eligible to vote for COS representatives, were prevented from submitting a ballot over the computer.

Additional voting time was then allotted, and the deadline for seniors was extended until April 23.

According to a BlitzMail message posted on the elections bulletin by Director of the Collis Center Mark Hoffman, results were expected to be made public the same day.

Another computer error, however, lead to the posting of a new bulletin bumping back the time to April 25. This time, the error originated in tallying a candidate's votes, causing further delay until yesterday when the correct results were announced.