Please Dispose of Unwanted Copies of the Dartmouth Review to Clean Hallways

To the Editor:

It seems that every time a certain publication, namely the Dartmouth Review, is delivered to students' rooms, many students who apparently don't like the paper simply leave it in front of their doors for days, sometimes weeks on end, I assume until the custodian of the building goes around and throws them all away.

I understand and respect that many people do not agree with the views expressed by the Dartmouth Review, but that is no reason to litter the buildings with it. If people are trying to make some kind of point by doing this, probably the only people on whom this has an effect are the custodians, who have to bend down and pick up every copy left in the hall. Surely they must hate the Review by now.

Please, if you don't like something that is left in front of your door, be it the Dartmouth Review or anything else, pick it up and put it in the trash. It's really not that difficult to do, and someone is eventually going to have to do it. And if you are really that bothered by receiving the Review, why not leave a note on your door asking that they not deliver to your room? Or just contact their office and ask them.

But trust me, it's really not that hard to put something in the trash, and it makes the buildings look so much nicer.