Welcome to 1998

Welcome to another year of The Dartmouth.

With this issue, a new group of editors takes the helm of America's oldest college newspaper.

Although the news, sports, editorial and arts editors have changed, The Dartmouth will continue its commitment to covering campus events, while also providing our readers with more news analyses and other special features.

For example, the Monday SportsExtra will still provide sports fans with a weekly in-depth look at Dartmouth's athletic teams and their performances over the weekend.

While reading this year's inaugural issues of The Dartmouth, you will notice certain changes implemented by the new Directorate in hopes of making the newspaper more reader-friendly and targeted at the student body.

After this Friday's special year-end wrap-up, the Weekend Gazette will debut a new page detailing weekend events and activities at the College and featuring other diversions.

In addition to this change, you may notice minor stylistic, graphical and format changes as The Dartmouth seeks to improve its aesthetic design and its appeal to readers.

The Dartmouth is produced by Dartmouth students for the Dartmouth community. The Directorate will continue the paper's commitment to covering the issues and events that matter to students.

As always, we are receptive to your story ideas and suggestions.