College Fest: 'Way More' Than Your Average Party: Boston's College Fest celebrates 10th year; Will be attended by more than 25,000 area college students

Has "weekend excitement" become an oxymoron? Is the novelty of pong wearing off? Have you seen every movie at the Nugget twice? Does the EBAs delivery guy know your name by heart? Perhaps it's time for a change of scenery. Pack a bag, cram a few pals into the car and leave this bustling metropolis for the home of "College Fest Way More Weekend"-- Boston.

Twenty five thousand college students hailing from every part of New England will be swarming the Hynes Convention Center on October 11 and 12 for what has been labeled "Boston's largest college party."

To celebrate its tenth year, College Fest Way More Weekend, sponsored by MasterCard, The Boston Globe, WBCN-FM Radio and WLVI-TV, has rounded up the hugest names in soap stars, created an amazing music line-up and is offering tons of free samples and giant sweepstakes contests targeted at the college crowd.

For those of you who keep up with the love triangles and back-stabbing of television soaps, here's your chance to meet some of your favorite characters.

Fans of "Another World" can meet Stephen Schnetzer and Judi Evans Luciano, who play Cass Winthrop and Paulina Cory Carlino. Tom Wiggin (Kirk Anderson), Sherri Alexander (Samantha Anderson) and Lauren Martin-Harkins (Camille Bennett) from "As the World Turns" will be there as well. They will be joined by Kevin Mambo (Marcus Will), Sharon Leal (Dahlia Crede) and Grant Alexander (Phillip Spaulding) from "Guiding Light."

If vampires, buff beach babes and aliens are more your style, you'll have to check out the WB 56 booth to meet David Boreanaz ("Angel" on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"), Michael Bergin ("Jack J.D. Darius" on "Baywatch") and Majel Roddenberry, a producer and star of the new sci-fi show "Earth: Final Conflict."

Maybe you're a slave to the stereo instead of the tube. In that case, you won't want to miss the music line-up which presents a wide range of talented artists.

Laurie Sargent, one of the names on the "Party of Five" soundtrack, will be bringing her rock/blues-tinged originals to the stage. Sargent has recorded her first solo album, "Heads & Tales," which contains the beautifully simple, folk/rock-hued single "Without Letting Go." Neal Coty's vivid lyrics ("Daddy was the original ramblin' man/ A drunkard and a junkie and a one-night stand") will also be lighting up the stage at College Fest. Described as someone who sings rock and talks country, Coty is an energetic, charismatic storyteller whose music captivates.

Fans of ska can jump to their hearts' content because Skavoovie & The Epitones will fill the Hynes Convention Center with their fusion of rock-steady, ska, swing, big band and jazz.

According to a press release by Moon Ska Records, "Skavoovie & The Epitones play infectious, party-down ska just brimming with boisterous shouting and raucous squawking horns."

If you want something with more funk, listen to Coolbone's mix of the new with the old -- funk and hip-hop mixed with blues and gospel, soul and freestyle rap joined with swing. Yet Coolbone maintains the central elements of traditional New Orleans music with the tuba, horns and acoustic instrumentation.

In addition to all the entertainment, you have the opportunity to mooch free stuff

More than 100 exhibitors will be displaying new products and services, which means lots of samples! See how many free lift tickets you can finagle at the Loon, Ragged Mountain, Okemo and Sunday River exhibits. Music fans, the Columbia House Record Club will be giving away free T-shirts and CDs.

If you're in need of a new look for fall, stop by the YM island for a hair and beauty makeover and get some new footwear at Tretorn's booth; they're giving away 400 pairs of sneakers throughout the weekend. You can also enter a sweepstakes to win a Plymouth Neon, which would be a nice way to make more road trips like this one.

For those who want to get involved with their community, check out the non-profit booths to learn more about the Aids Action Committee, Jobs with Justice and the National Organization for Women, just a few of the organizations which will be represented.

Are you interested yet? If so, you probably want the 4-1-1 on how you can be a part of College Fest Way More Weekend. You can visit the web site at www.collegefest.com to purchase tickets on-line in advance and to register to win a Samsung GXTV

You can also buy tickets at the door for $6 with a valid student ID. College Fest will be taking place on Saturday, October 11 from 12-7pm and Sunday, October 12 from 12-6pm.

If you can afford to tear yourself away from the thrill and excitement of Hanover for one weekend, come join the fun at the biggest college party of the year.