Alumni artwork goes on display in new exhibit

This summer, art exhibits at the Hopkins Center for the Performing Arts will feature works by Dartmouth alumni and former visiting artists to the College's studio art department.

The Perspective on Design Award Exhibition showcasing works by Brice Brown '96 and Katherine Shortridge '96 opened at the Jaffe-Friede & Strauss Galleries of the Hopkins Center for the Performing Arts yesterday and will be displayed through July 20.

Since 1992, the Perspective on Design Award honors graduating seniors chosen by the Dartmouth studio art faculty for outstanding recognition in art.

While at Dartmouth, Brown was an honors student in painting and majored in film studies, as well. Shortridge was an honors student in painting and an intern to the studio art department this year.

The Barrows Exhibition Rotunda at the entrance of the Hop displays a sculpture by Chris George '96 made of twigs, bark and twine.

Starting tomorrow, the Upper Jewett Exhibition Corridor will feature the paintings of Riley Brewster, Randall Exon, Swarthmore College Professor Deborah Kahn and American University Professor Celia Reisman, all former visiting artists at Dartmouth.