Baryshnikov headlines performances this term

Mikhail Baryshnikov, noted Russian ballet dancer, will present four performances titled with the White Oak Dance Project from Thursday, Feb. 20 to Sunday, Feb. 23.

The performances, the first in a national tour, will be produced by Baryshnikov Productions and will take place at the Moore Theater.

The performances will include world premieres of works by Meg Stuart and the late Erick Hawkins and the revival of a piece choreographed by Merce Cunningham.

The ensemble's main opus for the spring is a yet untitled work by Meg Stuart. Co-commissioned by Baryshnikov Productions, the National Dance Project and the Hopkins Center, the Stuart work will premiere alongside "Journey of a Poet," a work by Hawkins.

Lucia D'Lugoszewski's music will accompany Hawkins' piece.

Established in 1990 by Baryshnikov and Mark Morris,

White Oak Dance Project represents dancers from such established dance troupes as the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theatre, Pilobolus and the Twyla Tharp Dance Company.

The dancers in Baryshnikov's troupe include Raquel Aedo, Jamie Bishton, Sarah Perron, Emmanuele Phuon, David Porter, Ruthlyn Salomons, Vernon Scott and Greg Zuccolo.

Music for the performances will be provided by the White Oak Chamber Ensemble -- a collective of three violinists, a pianist and cellist.

The United States tour will begin in Hanover on Feb. 20 and will conclude on March 30 at the Brooklyn Academy of Music.

Tickets for the event will go on sale on Saturday, Jan. 25 at the Hop Ticket Box Office. A limited number of tickets at a special price of $25 for College students will be offered. All other tickets are $50 and will go on sale Monday, Jan. 27.

Student tickets will be on sale on a in-person, first-come, first-served basis only. No student telephone orders will be accepted. Sales will be limited to a maximum of two tickets per student purchaser.