Sick and Tired of TV Bashing

To the Editor:

I was reading the editorial by Kevin Walsh at lunch today and it made me really mad. It made me sick to read more sweeping generalizations about TV. I'm tired of TV Bashing, especially when it is from somebody who watched random TV for a paltry three weeks over winter break! People can find something bad in everything. They can find something bad in TV, they can find something bad in eating a big steak, they can find something bad with me visiting my grandma!

But the problem with people like Kevin Walsh is that they let the bad aspects of things like television count for the whole. Had Kevin Walsh taken an in depth look at television maybe he would have noticed all the glorious details that many a dedicated TV watcher enjoys so much.

He could have seen Brett Haberman screaming "JUMANJI" as Michael Finley threw down a tremendous dunk on a Sportcenter highlight. He could have seen Doug Ross on ER saving the life of some boy stuck in a sewer. He could have seen Homer Simpson spraying mace on his fried eggs and saying "Mmmm, incapacitating." He could have seen the underdog Philadelphia Eagles trounce the hapless Detroit Lions on a frigid eve at Veterans Stadium. But no. There will always be people like Kevin Walsh who try and feed people a slanted truth. Rather than change the channel, it would be wiser to watch out for the venom spewed forth by one Kevin Walsh and others of his ilk.