SASH Report is Based on Year's Committee Work

One of the Sexual Assault and Sexual Harassment Committee's agendas this year is to better inform the Dartmouth community about the committee and its work. Thus, I am very pleased that The Dartmouth chose to run Wednesday's cover story about the 1994-95 Annual Report released late last term. However, the story opened with a statement that might be misleading.

SASH did not compile the report based on a student survey. Every year the SASH report is compiled based on that year's committee work. It outlines the committee's progress and recommendations. SASH monitors relevant policy and procedures at every level of the campus, including students, faculty, staff, as well as the graduate and professional schools. And the committee's membership reflects this breadth.

The Dartmouth's story emphasized some of the most important points addressed by SASH during 1994-95. The report itself contains summaries of various other issues taken up by the committee as well as a number of recommendations, and it is available at the Baker Library reserve desk. I encourage anyone with an interest in issues related to sexual assault and sexual harassment on campus to read it.