Assembly establishes office hours

The Student Assembly passed three resolutions, including the one that established its office hours and a bill which would open dialogue with the Hinman Post Office regarding its recent decision to stop delivery of Federal Express packages, at its meeting last night.

The Assembly announced the opening of daily office hours in the Student Assembly's Office in 211G Collis. Assembly members and executives will staff the office from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. each afternoon.

"There are many different projects in the office," Assembly Vice President of Communications Jonah Sonnenborn said. "We have to reorganize the paperwork. The College advisor has work from previous Assemblies. For example, if previous Student Assemblies have done work with DDS, we could look up the information and be more informed when we talk to Pete Napolitano."

It also discussed meeting soon with the Hinman Post Office regarding the recent decision by the Post Office to no longer accept Federal Express packages.

The Assembly voted unanimously to approve the spending of $500 for the Student Life Committee to acquire 2000 emergency stickers.

These stickers will include two on-campus help numbers: a Counselor On-Call and a Dean On-Call.

The stickers will also feature two off-campus help numbers: the number for Headrest, 24-hour hotline, and a psychiatrist at the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.