Volleyball falls short

The women's volleyball team finished off its regular season play this past weekend splitting four matches at the sixth annual Harvard Tournament. The team finished fourth out of seven teams.

Dartmouth lost to Harvard, 0-3, in the semifinal match of the tournament, 8-15, 5-15, 5-15. Middle blocker Latia Curry '98 led the team with nine kills, while outside hitter Alison McKinley '99 led with 14 digs.

The host team went on to win the whole tournament, defeating Manhatten in five games, 3-2 in the championship match. Harvard has never won the title before.

Dartmouth fell to Brown, 1-3, in the Big Green's final match, determining third place. McKinley led the team in kills and digs, tallying 13 and 30, respectively. Outside hitter co-Captain Carmen Schmitt '97 helped out her team with three service aces and middle blocker Danra Kazenski '99 and outside hitter Erin Clarke '99 gave the team five and four blocks.

Dartmouth lost to both Harvard and Brown earlier in the season.

In pool play, Dartmouth shut out both teams it played, 3-0.

The Big Green faced Holy Cross in the first match of the tournament and won easily in three games, 15-3, 15-0, 15-5.

Outside hitter Emily Hallenbeck '99 tallied 14 kills in 18 attempts to help push her team forward towards the win. Schmitt and outside hitter Erin Dawkins '97 led the team with three and two service aces and 28 digs.

Dartmouth's second match found Dartmouth on the opposite side of the net from the University of New Hampshire.

The Big Green took their opponent down in three games, 15-4, 15-6, 15-5. This score duplicates the score from the previous match between these two teams on Sept. 22.

Setter Felicity Kolp '99 earned All-Tournment honors for her play throughout the two-day event. Kolp tallied 128 assists in the tournament with a high of 39 during the Brown match.

The Big Green has a week off before the Ivy League Championships on Nov. 11.