Prospective clipped by motorcycle

A visiting prospective woman from New Jersey was struck and injured by a black Honda motorcycle driven by David Jones Jr. '95 on North Main Street next to Baker Library at about 9:30 last night.

The prospective woman, Lindsey Ermey, 18, of Cherry Hill, N.J., was taken to the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center for examination, according to Hanover Police.

An officer on the scene last night said Ermeyhas just "a scrape on her leg and a bump on her leg. She was conscious, but she was shook up."

Nancy Karon, administrative coordinator at the DHMC, said "Ermey is still being evaluated in the emergency room" for internal injuries, including possible head injuries.

Jones was driving west on Wentworth Street when he turned left on to North Main Street and began to "accelerate very quickly," according to Andrew Riker '97, who witnessed the accident.

Raili Cook '98, who was hosting Ermey, said she, another freshman host and two perspectives were walking toward the Sherman Art Library when the accident occurred.

Cook said as the four of them attempted to cross the street, Ermey tried to sprint across the street while the others slowed down.

"I don't know if she thought she could make it or if she saw [the motorcycle] or not," Cook said.

The other host, Bryan Galat '98, said, "We were about halfway across the street ... and I thought we were all sort of going to cross, but then we held back."

"I heard the screeches, I saw the motorcycle coming and saw her get hit from behind, right in the back," Galat said.

According to a police press release, the case is currently being investigated. Police said several charges against Jones are possible.

Jones declined to comment last night.