June 3, 2024 | Latest Issue

Emily Jones '95 will co-chair alcohol task force

Emily Jones '95 will co-chair the newly created alcohol task force this term with College Health Services Director Dr. Jack Turco, Dean of the College Lee Pelton said yesterday.

Pelton said he asked Jones, the past-president of Delta Delta Delta sorority, to co-chair the task force because she had been "highly recommended."

Jones, who also served as a member of the Committee on Standards, said she is happy to serve as co-chair during her final term at the College.

The task force, created by Pelton in the winter, will examine the problems caused by alcohol at the College.

Pelton said the task force will examine four aspects of alcohol on campus: underage drinking, the effect on alcohol on gender relations, the College's alcohol programs and the membership and charter of the College Committee on Alcohol and Other Drugs.

Jones said she believes at least 10 students will serve on the task force, along with administrators and faculty.

Pelton said last term the task force will be comprised primarily of students.

Jones said she met with Turco last term and will meet with him in the next few days to discuss how the group should attempt to fulfill its charge.