Police arrest four on alcohol charges

Hanover police arrested a male Dartmouth student on charges of unlawful possession of alcohol last Thursday evening after he spent the night at the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center for intoxication.

Kiernan Conn '95, a member of Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity, was taken to the DHMC Thursday at approximately 2 a.m.

Hanover Police Sgt. Frank Moran said the police received an ambulance assistance call from Dartmouth Safety and Security at 1:42 a.m. to come to Sig-Ep's house at 11 Webster Avenue.

Officer Steve Reed, who answered the call, made arrangements to contact Conn "when he was in a condition where we could deal with him," Moran said.

The police arrested Conn at 5:35 p.m. Thursday, charged him with unlawful possession of alcohol and released on personal recognisance bail 45 minutes later. Conn's arraignment is scheduled for June 8.

Neither Conn, nor College Proctor Bob McEwen could not be reached for comment.

In an unrelated incident, Hanover Police arrested three Princeton students on charges of unlawful possession of alcohol while they slept in the lounge of Mid-Mass at 3:30 a.m. Sunday morning, according to Moran.

Theywere also released on personal recognisance bail until their hearing June 8.