Two arrested for DWI

Hanover Police officers arrested two Dartmouth students over the weekend for drunk driving on Route 120.

Route 120 leads south out of Hanover and is frequently traveled late at night by Dartmouth students going to and from Fort Harry's Truck Stop, a 24-hour restaurant off of Interstate 89 in Lebanon, N.H.

Tony DelCarmine '94, the senior assistant captain of the hockey team, was arrested Saturday and charged with driving while intoxicated, a Hanover Police spokeswoman said.

DelCarmine, 22, was stopped at 5:45 a.m. Saturday for speeding, according to Police Dispatcher Lisa Camarra.

Camarra said DelCarmine appeared to be "impaired" when he was stopped and failed a field sobriety test conducted by a police officer.

He was released on $500 bail and will be arraigned Oct. 19 in Hanover District Court. He could not be reached for comment.

Joshua Pearson '96 was arrested Sunday and charged with driving while intoxicated. Pearson was stopped at 3 a.m. while traveling south on Route 120.

Camarra said a police officer detected "the odor of alcohol" coming from Pearson's car and conducted a field sobriety test, which Pearson failed.

Pearson, who is 19 years old, was released on personal recognizance. He will be arraigned Oct. 19 in Hanover District Court. He could not be reached for comment.