College sees increase in yield rate to 61 percent

The College announced today that 61 percent of students accepted their offer of admission for the Class of 2021, the highest yield rate in 25 years. This marks an increase from recent years, with a 53.1 percent yield rate for the Class of 2020, 50.4 percent for the Class of 2019 and 54.5 percent for the Class of 2018.

The incoming class will include 1,279 students from 2,092 admitted students, 555 of whom were accepted early decision.

More than 70 percent of the students who attended Dimensions committed to the College this year, compared to recent years, in which only 55 to 60 percent of Dimensions visitors accepted their offers.

Need-based financial aid will total more than $26 million for the incoming Class of 2021, and the average grant is $48,000. The number of students eligible for federal Pell grants has risen to 14 percent, compared to 11 percent last year. Half of the international students accepted were offered need-based scholarships.

A full story will be published in the near future.

Sonia Qin

Sonia is a junior from Ottawa, Canada. (That is the mysterious Canadian  capital that no one seems to ever have heard of.) She is a double major in Economics and Government, with a minor in French. She decided to join The D’s news team in her freshman fall because of her love of writing,  talking to people, getting the most up-to-date news on campus, and having a large community of fellow students to share these interests with.