Editors' Note

Wednesday night Jasmine went to a Cords show where she heard the song that would revolutionize her Thursday. As she sat on the sticky first floor of Psi U, she heard lyrics that touched her very deeply. “And when you say you won’t forget me / Well I can tell you that’s untrue / ’cause every day since you left me / I've thought less and less of you.” Damn, she thought. So indignant, dismissive and a little bitchy as well. And so she listened to “Changing of the Seasons” by the Two Door Cinema Club as soon as she got back to her dorm that night. She listened to it until she fell asleep. She listened to it on the way to her x-hour the next morning. She listened to it heading up the stairs to The D’s office to work on The Mirror.

She soon discovered that Emma, too, was obsessed with this song and has been since she heard it at a winter term Cords show. And thus, the bonding commenced, and our usually hostile working relationship was on the mend. Together, we danced and belted the liberating lyrics “You said, ‘Come back and spend the night, come back and spend the night with me!’” at our computers, during a 10-minute break in the Collis smoothie line and back at our computers again. We apologize to all the staffers we annoyed in the newsroom Thursday night, but we managed to convert our editors into believers.

We are kind of supposed to connect our editors’ note to this issue of the Mirror, but there really is no connection between our mutual love of this catchy, relatable song and our stories this week. This song is about forgetting past lovers who have scorned you, and this issue touches on religion, leaving activities that no longer fulfill you and finding passions in the great outdoors. We'll let you make the connections while we continue to jam out.