Zachary Gottlieb '10
The Setonian
Opinion

I Don't Know, But...

Perhaps I've been reading too many William Safire columns or have succumbed to the jaded pettiness of a senior amidst enthusiastic underclassmen, but I'm using my 700-word allotment to discuss a daily decision in Dartmouth discussion diction that deliberately diminishes discursive value (alliteration, this looks like the beginning of a beautiful friendship). A quotidian bother for this humble columnist has been the frequent use of "I don't know, but" as the preface to comments during class discussions.

The Setonian
Opinion

Keg-Standing up for the Greeks

Before continuing the current debate about the Social Event Management Procedures, we must acknowledge that Greek houses are out of necessity the unlucky hosts of the inevitable behavior of Dartmouth's ubiquitous daytime-scholarnighttime-socialite. It is easy to overlook the consistently virtuous behavior of Greek houses with respect to alcohol use.

The Setonian
Opinion

Welcome to College

Since your tortuous journey here at Dartmouth started with the Admissions Office, so will I. This summer, I worked full time in McNutt Hall, welcoming prospective students and their parents and answering questions about Dartmouth.

The Setonian
Opinion

Don't Hate the Greeks

Student Assembly recently made one of the best decisions of its history: it decided to make use of the Food Court TVs by offering student groups a chance to advertise their events in high definition.

More articles »