Laura Bryn Sisson
The Setonian
News

2011 sees sharp drop in liquor, drug arrests

Sexual assaults reported to the College and student arrests for liquor and drug violations declined between the 2010 and 2011 calendar years, according to a report released by Safety and Security on Monday in accordance with the Clery Act.

09.19.12.news.johnson
News

College holds forum on reforms

Nushy Golriz / The Dartmouth Dean of the College Charlotte Johnson defended the College's new harm reduction policies such as random Safety and Security walk-throughs and increased penalties for hazing violations at an open forum in Collis Common Ground last night.

Although originally slated to open in January, new social spaces in the basement of Class of 1953 Commons will open for 2012 Fall term.
News

New social spaces to open in fall

Nathan Yeo / The Dartmouth Senior Staff Following Commencement, the College will begin renovating the basement of the Class of 1953 Commons, which will be completed by September, according to Director of Dartmouth Dining Services David Newlove.

Andrew Lohse '12 has accused the College of taking inadequate action in response to his allegations of hazing at his former fraternity, Sigma Alpha Epsilon.
News

Student accuses frat of hazing violations

Samantha Oh / The Dartmouth Staff Administrators failed to adequately respond to November 2010 allegations of "dehumanizing" hazing at a campus fraternity, Andrew Lohse '12, the student who made the allegations, said in a statement to The Dartmouth.

The Setonian
News

Hurricane Irene teases Hanover, destroys Vt.

Despite severe weather warnings, Hurricane Irene did not cause any major damage to campus, College Proctor and Director of Safety and Security Harry Kinne said in an interview with The Dartmouth. "The damage was mostly related to water leaks," he said.

The Setonian
News

Dick's House offers reduced hours

Reduced staff on duty, shorter appointment hours and the closure of the all-night infirmary are some of the adjustments Dick's House has made for a reduced student body during Summer terms, according to Director of Health Services Jack Turco.

More articles »

More media »