Jessica Zischke
The Setonian
Arts

‘In the Next Room’ explores issues of gender, intimacy

One door separated the stage into two rooms and two worlds. Dr. Givings’s operating room, where he treats women for hysteria using an electrical vibrator, took up one side of the stage, while the living room, most often depicting Mrs. Givings and her relationships, existed on the other.

10.6.14.arts.howe
Arts

Howe offers space to local artists

People tend to use libraries as quiet study spots or places to pick up books for class. Although Dartmouth students don’t typically visit the Howe Library in town, its staff members are working to challenge this notion.

The Setonian
Arts

Bell to explore social issues in one-man comedy show

He has been compared to popular comedians like Margaret Cho and Dave Chappelle. He hosted a show on FX for more than a year. But unless you are tuned into San Francisco’s comedy scene, you may never have heard of W. Kamau Bell, who opens the Hopkins Center’s fall season tonight.

The Setonian
Arts

Winter to bring variety of live performances

It’s no secret that winter term is not the most popular time for students to be on campus. While you begin to brace yourself for negative temperatures and unbearable wind chill, it is also a great time to explore more of the arts events as a variety of groups will offer exciting performances to bring you out from the winter slump.

Arts

Student Spotlight: Xander Arnold '14

In the arts world, there’s often talk of triple threats, or performers who can act, dance and sing. Music major Xander Arnold ’14 is a pentad threat: a musician, singer, composer, producer and dancer.

The Setonian
Arts

Heginbotham directs new Ensemble performances

Eleven students ranging in class year and dance experience attended a special workshop yesterday with John Heginbotham, guest director to the Dartmouth Dance Ensemble for the Fall and Winter during the ensemble's first meeting of the term. "Just stand," Heginbotham said.

More articles »