Campus Blotter

By Jessica Zischke, The Dartmouth Senior Staff | 9/23/15 7:40am

Sept. 18, 3:58 p.m., Connecticut River: Safety and Security officers responded to an anonymous report of students swimming in the river. They identified 25 members of the Class of 2019 swimming in the river and asked them to leave the dock.

Sept. 18, 6:52 p.m., Alumni Gym: Safety and Security officers and Hanover Fire Department assisted a guest who felt ill at Alumni Gym. The guest was transferred to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center for evaluation.
Sept. 18, 11:10 p.m.: Safety and Security officers transported a student back to campus from the Hanover Police Department. The student had been arrested for using false identification at Stinson’s to purchase alcohol.

Sept. 18, 11:15 p.m.: Safety and Security officers and Dartmouth Emergency Medical Services rendered medical assistance to two members of the Class of 2019. The students were intoxicated and taken to Dick’s House, where they were admitted for the evening.

Sept. 19, 12:25 a.m., Collis Student Center: Safety and Security officers, Hanover Police and Hanover Fire Department attempted to locate a student who had placed three 911 calls stating he had a collapsed lung while at Collis. After finding the student and confirming he was OK, the individual stated he had had a strong reaction to alcohol consumption. He was admitted to Dick’s House for the evening, and Hanover Police obtained an arrest warrant for false reporting to a law enforcement agency.

Sept. 19, 12:30 a.m., Massachusetts Residence Hall: Safety and Security officers and Dartmouth EMS responded to a Good Sam call in Mid Mass. The female student was transported to DHMC and later released to Dick’s House due to intoxication.

Sept. 19, 1:19 a.m.: Safety and Security officers, Dartmouth EMS and Hanover Fire Department rendered medical assistance to a student who was intoxicated and had fallen, hitting their head on a pole. The student was admitted to DHMC for evaluation, treated and released to Dick’s House.

Sept. 19, 1:57 a.m., McLane Residence Hall: Safety and Security officers responded to a report of bikes being thrown over the patio at McLane Hall. Several bikes appeared to have been thrown over the hall but were undamaged and returned to the bike rack. No one was identified.

Sept. 19, 10:12 p.m.: Safety and Security officers and Hanover Fire Department rendered aid to a student who was having difficulty breathing. He was transported to Dick’s House and then to DHMC, where he was treated and later released.

Sept. 19, 11:33 p.m.: Safety and Security officers rendered medical attention to a student who was intoxicated and had injured his foot. He was transported to Dick’s House and admitted for the night.

Sept. 20, 12:52 a.m., Wheeler Residence Hall: Safety and Security officers, Hanover Police and Hanover Fire Department responded to a fire alarm in a student room in Wheeler. It was determined that an individual had left candles burning, catching a comforter and box of tissues on fire. Safety and Security officers put out the fire and the Hanover Fire Department removed the burnt material and allowed students back into the residence hall.

Jessica Zischke, The Dartmouth Senior Staff